Sunday, July 15, 2007

This blog entry is just a very short book recommendation.

I read Al Gore's "The Assault On Reason" I can not call it pleasure reading, nor will I call it a "must read". (In fact, when someone tells me something is a must read, I probably won't.) I will say the Al Gore has put a lot of thought into how this country ended up with the government now in office and what the risks are.

Though I highly recommend the book, I have criticism of it.

Many people find Al Gore arrogant. Though I appreciate his language skill, there are times when his word choices rubbed me the wrong way. I'm sure that those who do not appreciate the exactness of his language they will hate this book from the first page to the last.

The book spends 244 pages describing the problem, then one chapter on the solution and one conclusion. With all that he ends up optimistic. Though I agree with most of what he said, it made the book feel unbalanced to me.

One last piece of advice. Unless your spouse is also reading the book with you, shut up! I didn't.

2 Comments:

Blogger daria said...

What's new and exciting with you?
Can't wait to see you in Cali sooooon!
xo

8/11/07, 8:55 AM  
Blogger Granny Smith said...

Wow! What a lot of work and how wonderful the result is! I print out your blog for Otto, who doesn't like to read things on the screen. But I have tried and tried to print my own blog, but it will only give me what it calls 4 pages but is really just one page of sensible text, the rest being bits of frame. What's the difference? We're both on blogspot.

I really look forward to seeing you next week!

xo

8/15/07, 12:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home