Monday, May 14, 2007

The garage is progressing. I have most of the pegboard hung, have started putting things away, and have started working on some of the decorative elements.

The wood boxes in the above picture will be part of the decorative elements. More on that in the next post.

We mounted two hoppers on the wall to hold dog food. Unfortunately there's still a lot to do, and one side of the garage is still unusable.
There was one major change in plans. We have been parking the Toyota Echo and the Honda Element in the garage, and the Chrysler was protected in a canvas garage. That changed.

I will not mention the name of the insurance company that caused the change, so lets just call it Republic Agriculture. Well Republic Agriculture sent us a renewal notice, but they had dropped the value of my appreciating car to "less than $2,200". So, I moved to Hagerty Insurance (real name). They specialize in collector vehicle insurance. For half the cost of Republic Agriculture we are insured for the agreed value of the car with a lower deductible. But, the car's normal storage must be locked in a garage. The little Echo is now in the canvas garage, and the huge Chrysler is in the main garage. Some of my tools followed the Echo.

This is a picture of the Chrysler in front taken for the insurance company. The stated primary use of the Chrysler on the insurance policy is "to take my wife on dates."


On other news, the Mother's day celebration did not go well. Gwen and Kent made reservations for dinner on Saturday. Dianne and I ran to a store near the restaurant to buy a large flower pot. We drove the Chrysler. Well, this is a date with my wife that went bad. The car stalled outside the store and had to be towed home. We called Gwen and said we would be late.

We requested and got a flatbed tow. When we got to the house there was a gas leak. Sometime during the trip the car had bounced and the cable holding the car hit the gas line. This picture shows the damage.


We had an almost full gas tank and a leak. Dianne, the tow truck driver, and I worked for hours getting as much gas out of the tank as possible. We missed the dinner, and we all got gas on us with the driver and I being saturated.

I'm married to an angel. I ruined her dinner, but she has not said anything negative about that.

On Sunday Gwen and Kent took Dianne and me out and lunch. They too refrained from mentioning that I had ruined dinner. (Thank you.)

1 Comments:

Blogger daria said...

Hey dad,
Would you mind coming over and organizing my garage next? ;-)
xo

5/25/07, 6:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home